Saturday, June 19, 2010

He cussed when I said “yes, I am nursing"

I cured mastitis three months ago without going to the doctor and getting antibiotics.  Now it’s time to cure keratitis.  Yes, I have an eye infection.  It is very red and sore.  I can’t wear my contacts until it clears up.  When the doctor asked if I was nursing I said yes. “S%$#!” he exclaimed.   He doesn’t want to put me on an antibiotic eye drop because I am nursing.  He is going to see me in three days to see if my immune system can clear it up on its own. 

When I had a bad case of mastitis I didn’t want to go to the doctor right away so I pumped up the vitamin C, added Echinacea and cut up raw garlic cloves into pill sized slivers and swallowed whole.  The mastitis was completely gone in 2 days!

Now here is what I will do for this eye infection. 

1. Take 2 500mg Ester C tablets three times a day.
2. Eat a lot of spinach for the Vitamin A.
3. Trying to get more rest now that I am caught up on grad school since fatigue is said to worsen the infection.
4. PCO aka OPC (oligomeric proanthocyanidin).  This is an antioxidant that is supposed to help fight inflammation and promote healthy tissue growth.  I’m going to take 100mg twice a day. 
5. I love Boiron homeopathics. I just found out that they make Optique eye drops.  They have calendula in them.  My health food store only had one left, which makes sense since the doctor said eye infections are going around.  

I go back to the doctor on Tuesday and we will see if yet again my natural remedies prevail!

No comments:

Post a Comment