Friday, June 4, 2010

Why I'm not going to boycott BP in light of the Gulf Oil Spill

Environmental Health. The BP Gulf Oil Spill.


I am sad, I am mad. I am praying for all of those people and animals adversely affected by the gulf oil spill.  But I am not going to boycott BP.  Here is why:


1. Most BP stations are not even owned by BP.
2. Not all BP stations sell BP gas.
3. BP sells there gas to non BP stations.
4. When people boycotted Exxon after their spill it had no impact.


This is misplaced activism!


What you CAN do to make a difference...
1. Buy a hybrid or electric car, walk or ride a bicycle.
2. Slow down. I have read that each five mph you drive over 60 mph is like paying an extra 20 cents per gallon of gas! 
2. Ask congress to push for renewable resources like wind and solar energy.
3. Give to the “National Parks Disaster Recovery Fund” online or by texting “PARKS” to 90999 on your mobile phone by July 1st. Your money will go directly to the parks impacted by the Gulf oil spill.
4. Ask your senator to make BP clean up their mess.
5. Volunteer to help at Volunteer Florida.
6. Try to conserve energy in your home.  
*Replace all your light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs. 
*Buy only Energy Star appliances. 
*Use a Programmable Thermostat.
*Plug several appliances into a Power Strip with a timer.


Basically, I believe that this is a warning from God. We need to take care of our environment and approach creation with reverence. Watch the video about Environmental Action below.  It is eye-opening!




No comments:

Post a Comment